Sunday, October 31, 2010

Uncontrollable Moment

I like comics. I went to a comic cafe last Friday night, and read the last 4 volumes of "Higanjima". Higanjima consists of about 30 volumes, and I have spent almost 1 month to finish reading each and every volume of this series.

I have deepened my confidence that Higanjima is a platitude comic. The story is similar to "Momotaro". An evil boss governs an island named as "Higanjima", and a wise man is confined to the  island. Young boys, including the younger brother of the confined man, and a young girl go to the island and fight with the evil boss in order to rescue the man.

Higanjima entices its readers into reading this childish story by using 2 measures. One is that Higanjima frequently depicts violence scenes. There are almost always fights between justice and evil. The other is the utilization of sex scenes. There are also almos always naked women, who are stripped of their clothes by evil people.

However, I was impressed with an interesting logic used in the comic. Evil is depicted by vampire and justice is depicted by human beings. Whoever gets infected with the bood of vampires becomes a vampire. The vampires always seek the blood of human beings, because the vampires become mad if they have not drunk the blood of human beings for a certain period of time.

15 to 20 minutes were required to finish reading one volume on average. I have spent 2 to 3 hours in comic cafes 4 to 5 times this October. I have been to the cafes at night without exception. After leaving the cafes at midnight, I have almost always thought that the comic was boring.

Although the comic was boring, I cannot resist my temptation to enter comic cafes. This temptation is similar to the one that I felt when I have approached men/women who were boring to me. Talking with such people was fun at the beginning, and I wanted to continue to contact them. However, soon or later I realized that something was different, and ended up being alienated from them.

I refrain from entering comic cafes, because I know my habit. Once I start to read a comic, I make myself to finish reading all the volumes of the comic. Since I do not want to spend my precious time in reading boring comics, I avoid entering comic cafes.

No comments:

Post a Comment