Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Taking a seat of directors of CSIJ

A periodical meeting of the board of directors of  the Citizen Science Initiative Japan (CSIJ) was held today, and the board tentatively nominated me as a new director of the CSIJ. According to the statute of the CSIJ, new directors are to be selected and appointed at the annutal general meeting held usually in summer. Although I have not become a formal director yet, I will be involved in activities of the CSIJ more often and harder than ever, sooner or later.

The CSIJ is a non-profit organization comprising more than two hundred supporters as of August 2009. A mission of the CSIJ is to discuss and propose better blueprints of science and technology which are mainly provided for citizens.

This is the first time for me to deeply get involved in an NPO's activities. I have been and am currenly working in a private company, and one of  the main missions of my company, probably every company, is to produce monetary profit. The mission - to produce a profit - is very simple and easy to understand. However, I have been seeking other or hidden purposes of private companys. Even though I have been working for 5 years in my company, I am still uncertain what the hidden purposes are. I would like to seek them by socializing with people I meet through the activities of CSIJ.

No comments:

Post a Comment