Friday, October 15, 2010

Eiken Grade 1 Test

I will take the Eiken Grade 1 test next Sunday. This will be the third time that I have taken the test. I got better scores in the second test than in the first one, but I failed to pass even the second test. I would like to gain a higher score in the third test, and pass it.

Eiken Grade 1 is regarded as one of the most difficult English tests in Japan. One of my relatives has passed it. My parents has referred to her as "that lady who is the Eiken Grade 1 holder."

As far as I can see the score gained at the second test, I would have passed the exam if I had not made 2 mistakes. However, even now, I cannot believe why I have gained such a high English capability that I would have nearly passed the Eiken Grade 1. I've neither had an experience to live in a foreign country outside Japan, nor been enrolled in a school or university specializing in foreign language studies.

I have a Japanese friend who is fond of communicating in English. I have written letters in English or spoken English language often when I have contacted him. This communication created an opportunity for me to eliminate any phychological barriers to English in my teen's.

Moreover, I have contacted, not limited to the friend, many foreign friends, teachers, clients, and contractors both in my personal life and business life. All the opportunities have nurtured my English skill.

My parents will be surprized if I pass the Eiken Grade 1 test.

No comments:

Post a Comment