Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Work and Life

The term of "work and life balance" has been prevailing in Japan for 3 to 4 years. This is easy to say, but difficult to accomplish. This term implies that the more we work, the less we have time with our family. Thus, we are expected to work in balance with our private life. Accordingly, the quality of our work will increase.

However, although I do not have any strict reasons, I do not agree with this movement. To begin with, I cannot accept an easy-to-hear phrase like this one. There must always be hidden a negative effect when someone distributes easy words.

I understand that overwork does not guarantee a good job. However, I want to say that work should be managed not by the government or society, but by oneself or individual organizations. Imposition of an ideology will reduce the width of our individuality.

No comments:

Post a Comment