Sunday, November 28, 2010

Current Status

I attended an annual conference of “The Society of Risk Analysis Japan” over this weekend, and I made a presentation on the theme of material management at a section meeting. About one and a half years have passed since I joined to study the theme. After the presentation, I felt relief to find the time to contemplate a blueprint of my future activity.

On the other hand, after the conference, without any specific purposes, I searched my past colleague’s name on Google. I found one blog which she has been constantly uploading. According to the blog, she is currently working at a United Nation’s organization as a technical expert. She lives in Geneva, and has traveled for business to Asia, Africa, North America, and Europe for the past one and a half years.

When she was in my office, she said “my friends tell me that I have been lack of energy since I started working at this office.” After a while, she decided to leave my office, and entered a graduate university. She received a doctorate from the university, and started her career at the international organization.

We hit it off at first sight. We were both freshmen. I dropped out of graduate school, and she wanted to join graduate school. I explained that I lost my psychological balance when I was in university. She said that she had been energetic when she was in her master’s course.

I am vividly working at my office. I do not have a doctorate. In addition, I am in a domestic private firm. Compared with her current career, my current status seems less stimulating. However, I am vigorous now. My personality is suitable to my current job.

No comments:

Post a Comment