Sunday, November 7, 2010

The Value of Books

I prefer Plato to Aristotle. Along the same line, I like Camus more than Sartre. Both Plato and Camus had published their books which had been written in simple terms and thus easy to read. I like reading their books. However, even though Aristotle nor Sartre had seemed to establish their permanent positions in literature and philosophy, I did not find their (Aristotle's and Sartre's) books interesting, thus I could not complete reading even one of their books.

Some people say that philosophers use difficult words. I agree with this opinion in some degrees because I cannot understand what Aristotle or Sartre wanted to express. This difficulty makes people avoid even trying to read books on literature and philosophy.

True philosophers should publish their thinking in simple statements. Thus, in the future, the fame both of Aristotle and Sartre will diminish little by little.

No comments:

Post a Comment