Friday, December 3, 2010

Poor Creativity versus Demanding Workload

I have started to work at a new place since the beginning of December. The place is my client office, and I have been staying there and supporting my client’s work. The client’s office is close to my company, thus my commuting time remains the same. However, since people and milieu in the client office are different from my office, I sense that some more time will be required to adjust myself to the new place. Probably, if I were to change my current job and work at a new company, I would sense a similar necessity for the adjustment.

I have been in the client’s office during the daytime. After that, I have been in my office for handling ongoing projects other than the client’s ones. Last November, I managed to complete the ongoing projects, or transfer them to my colleagues if they were not completed. Over the past month, my business schedule has been filled up and I have been contacting my colleagues, boss, clients, and contractors to complete or transfer the tasks.

Today is Saturday, and I am in my home. I am good in terms of my body, but I feel a lack of satisfaction with the very fact that today is a holiday. I am feeling burnt out. I do not find the books, which I wanted to read, interesting.

However, this feeling is similar to the one which I have felt after an achievement. The feeling of an achievement has satisfied myself, and, thus, after the achievement, I have not had an urgent motivation to undertake any activities.

Demanding workload provides me with good opportunities to strengthen business management skills. However, if the workload exceeds my capacity, then my holidays become days in which I do not initiate creative activities but instead spend it relaxing.

2 comments:

  1. Oh it is very serious when you don't even find a book you want to read at bookstores. Hope the workload gets better soon. I often get burned out too, but always body pain comes first. I guess when you are healthy and strong, it's more chance to be burnt more seriously. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rested myself very well yesterday, so I am feeling better today. Furthermore, climate have been very good yesterday and today. I took a bicycle riding this morning, and it was better.
    As for my health, psychological imbalance comes first, and then next is body pains. Thus, if there is a symptom of the imbalance, then I do all what I can do to adjust myself.
    Thanks for your care.

    ReplyDelete