Monday, August 22, 2011

Staying Alone in Home

I am in my summer vacation. I have been and will be out of my office from August 19 (Friday) to August 25 (Thursday). I have been staying in my home since starting the vacation, hardly have gone out of my home except for having a short walk around my home.

During the walk, I have visited a coffee shop nearby my home to have a cup of coffee. It was nice coffee with a bit of a strong flavor. Its cost was 190 yen, and could be accessible from my home a couple of minutes by foot. Still now, I remember that the first two or three sips of the coffee were the best, anyway.

When strolling around my home, I also have visited a used-book store just to see around; but, I found a book written by Toshiko Hirata interesting, and bought it. It was a poem typed story. The author has a good talent to express herself with nice lyrics. In her book, she focused on a relationship between a husband and a wife. A course of ordinary and usual relationships were depicted with a nice writing style.

My wife has been and will be also out of our home due to her business for this week.

I found it comfortable to be alone in my home. I ate every meat with reading books. I have successively completed reading novels. I am currently reading “Underground” by Haruki Murakami. This book is not a novel, but a non-fiction typed story with a root from the terror occurred in subways on March 20, 1995.

The situation in early 1995 in Japan was quite similar to the one in early 2011. In January 1995, a massive earthquake struck a center of Kobe, and more than 5,000 people were dead. Subsequently, in March 1995, the terror occurred in Tokyo. The nuclear accident at Fukushima followed by the massive earthquake occurred in March 2011. Natural disasters seem to be liked with human origin disasters.

In my office, I spent many of my time in communicating with my colleagues, bosses, subcontractors both in Japanese and English. Day by day, I communicated and communicated and communicated. I am a consultant as well as an engineer. I need time to prepare management plans or technical documents as for my work as an engineer. Along with this, I have to grasp needs of my clients and provide them with adequate solutions as a consultant. Thus, day by day, I have communicated with relevant people and prepared documents, and provided them with the documents, and again communicated with….

As a whole, I like working as a consultant, but, at the same time, I like to stay alone in my home. Reading and thinking alone are good and quite relaxed.

No comments:

Post a Comment