Saturday, July 16, 2011

Macroscopic and microscopic

When I was a university student, I used to think that I would like to engage in a job through which I could add a valuable contribution to the realization of a better world. I did not hope to spend my time in conducting superficial things in exchange for salary in my future career.

Six years has passed since I graduated my school and started working at a consulting company. So, one question is “Am I doing and delivering valuable services to my clients?
In addition, as a result of my service, our society goes to a better direction?” Of course, no one knows an answer to my question.

From the macroscopic point, our Japanese society becomes worse than six years ago. China has overcome an economic competition over Japan recently. We experienced the large earthquake and tsunami as well as the nuclear meltdown at the Fukushima nuclear power plant and distributed a large amount of radioactive substances throughout the eastern part of Japan. The disaster on 3.11 is already and will more strictly tight our national budget in the future.

From the microscopic point, some of my works, which I completed for the period of the six years of my career, satisfied my clients’ needs, and such types of experiences have strengthened the confidence in my management and technical skills. Even I may have satisfied my clients’ needs in some of my past projects, the situation surrounding Japan got worse in the macroscopic context.

After all, individuals can do a very little thing in our society, but I would like to keep doing my best performances in my professional career in the future.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your six years. I may need to question myself if I am doing something worth, but after the earthquake and all, I feel like I should work hard for good at whatever I do although it looks not directly connected to the actions to save the world in the surface. I think the little things are connected to something which changes big things in some way, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right, everything must be connected to each other. Although it seems difficult for us to recognize the connections, we can feel the connections, though it depends on each other's creativity.

    ReplyDelete