Saturday, March 5, 2011

Life without Novel

I have read little novels recently. This is simply because I have little time to set aside for reading novels. Over the past several years, I have devoted myself to reading technical documents relating to my profession when I had the opportunity to decide what documents I would read. Some technical documents have inspired me, and led me to add value to my job. Since technical knowledge has sometimes provided me with job opportunities, reading technical documents should be welcomed and thus done. This is a simple logic, and I have followed it accordingly.

I have been working intensively over the past two months. I have been reading or writing technical documents even when it was a holiday. I have not allowed myself to read novels because I did not have time for any leisure.

Today is my holiday, and I had some time to talk to my friend. I am still in a relaxed mode. However, I will read a set of technical documents in an hours time. Although I woul like to read a novel now, I have to read the technical documents by tomorrow, instead. I have to realize that there are many technical documents which should be read preferentially.

When I was in university, I studied my research themes and related fields as intensively as I am doing my business now. I read academic papers and textbooks from morning to night. However, I read novels at night and on holidays. I came back home around 7 p.m. at that time, so I had some time to read novels. The novels nurtured my humanity.

The intensity of my business schedule is expected to ease in April. I will come  home early, and read novels at night. Because I have a job now, I keep prioritizing my job over reading novels.

No comments:

Post a Comment