Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Business Trip to Vietnam

I am currently in Hai Phong, Vietnam on a business trip.  I arrived in Hanoi last Sunday, I had meetings yesterday, and my business partners and I came to Hai Phong by car today.

Vietnam is close to Japan, it took only 6-7 hours to fly from Tokyo to Hanoi. The food in Vietnam is good, it is fresh and less oil than Chinese one and Thailand's one. There are not many beggers in the street in Hanoi and Hai Phong. However, the air pollution is severe here. There are many particulate matters in the capital, Hanoi.

Visiting foreign countries is interesting for me. However, the schedule during this business trip is so packed that I have little time to set aside time for sightseeing. I would like to visit Vietnam again in the future not on business, but for the purpose of leisure.

2 comments:

  1. Vietnam is indeed very interesting. There is so much life in the streets of Hanoi! Too much maybe, because all these motocycles cause pollution (exhaust gazes and noise). What surprised me most in Hanoi was that nobody walks in the street: everybody rides a motocycle...
    I had the chance to do a 'mix-trip' to Vietnam last year: half-vacation, half-business trip.
    I do not have the opportunity to go to Vietnam soon, but I will go to Japan on a business trip in April, though I will have little time to spare for the leisure part this time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment. Oh, you have also visited Hanoi. Yes, there were many motorcycles there, and exhaust gase and noise were prevailing. But, there remain beautiful ponds and old Western style buildings in the center of the city. I sensed the relationship between Vietnam and old France from such scenery.

    Which city will you visit on your next business trip to Japan? Early April is the best season for the cherry blossom if you go to Tokyo.

    It sounds good that you have been and will be traveling all over the world on your business.

    ReplyDelete